Who Wrote It?
….is our Challenge Quiz for Anniversary Week. The Austen Authors have contributed to this quiz with a very brief summary of one of their novels. In one or two sentences we have given a hint to the plot. Your job is to guess correctly which author and which novel. Not so easy! That is why it is a “Challenge Quiz”! If you have read all of our novels then the task will be a breeze. If not, you have your work cut out for you! But take heart. We all have synopsis on our websites (links on the right sidebar) that may lend a hand. Worse comes to worse, guess! Why not? It is worth the shot since great prizes are at stake!
- The First Place winner will receive a $60 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble.**
- Second Place winner will receive a Jane Austen card games packet and tarot set donated by Diana Birchall, and a $20 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble**
- Third Place winner will receive a box of “Wicked Wickham” flavored Bingley Tea donated by Cindy Jones
Who Wrote It? Questions
1. Elizabeth Darcy’s birthday is celebrated in an extraordinary fashion, her husband spoiling her with a gift for each year of her life.
N – Loving Mr. Darcy: Journeys Beyond Pemberley by Sharon Lathan
2. Caroline Bingley receives an unexpected proposal in a cold garden. Her toes almost fall off since the proposal is rather long-winded.
J – The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview
3. A young woman receives dating advice over the years from none other than Jane Austen herself.
G – According to Jane by Marilyn Brant
4. John Thorpe tells everyone in Bath that on a pleasure excursion with Catherine Morland, Isabella, and James Morland, he had been attacked by a giant dragon. Catherine insists it was only a really big duck.
C – Northanger Abbey and Angels and Demons by Vera Nazarian
5. Mr. Darcy sweeps Elizabeth off her feet while crossing a stream on stepping stones.
L – Conquering Mr. Darcy by Abigail Reynolds
6. Elizabeth has a rather cryptic conversation with Mr. Darcy while playing a game of chess.
M – Only Mr. Darcy Will Do by Kara Louise
7. Georgiana Darcy discovers that love is much closer than she thought.
P – Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister by C. Allyn Pierson
8. As if Fate brings them full circle in their struggles to be free of each other’s ghosts, Darcy and Wickham meet on the steps of the church at Kympton.
A – The Phantom of Pemberley by Regina Jeffers
9. Mr. Wickham and another enemy from Mr. Darcy’s past spin a dastardly web to harm those dearest to him.
B – The Trouble With Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan
10. Elizabeth’s favorite artist is J.M.W. Turner. She even names her horse, a Paint, after Turner.
F – Pemberley Ranch by Jack Caldwell
11. Wentworth finds a young man he thinks is in a sorrier state them himself. He is not quite right about that.
Q – For You Alone by Susan Kaye
12. Mr. Elton is scalped by Indians in the Far West, but survives and opens a grocery store.
H – Mrs. Elton in America by Diana Birchall
13. Sir Thomas, Lady Bertram, their grown children, and Fanny Price watch with stunned horror as Mr. Yates starts choking in the middle of a long-winded speech, while a stream of Egyptian scarab beetles runs out of his mouth. Lord Eastwind hides an enigmatic smile.
R – Mansfield Park and Mummies by Vera Nazarian
14. Lily Berry accepts an invitation to a Jane Austen Literary Festival in England where she hopes to realize her dream of living in a novel.
O – My Jane Austen Summer by Cindy Jones
15. Colourful characters on a white-hot summer day, four green gentlemen, one young lady with lavender charm, an orange-loving woman green with envy, two red-coated officers, a black-clad widow, and one yellow-haired little boy set the tone in this rose-tinted-glasses story. A tiny tinge of angst, one drunken fit of the blue devils, and the shades of Pemberley add some shadow. Hue wrote it?
S – Mr. Darcy Takes the Plunge by J. Marie Croft
16. Caroline Bingley has slightly different relationships in this novel. She’s Charles’ twin, and Darcy’s employee.
E – Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Rigaud
17. After Mr. Collins is killed by a runaway team of mules, Charlotte reenters society as her sister Maria’s chaperone and finds herself yearning for the love she’d never believed to exist.
K – Charlotte Collins by Jennifer Becton
18. Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner end up having a romantic getaway at Pemberley courtesy of Lord Fitzwilliam.
I – A Wife for Mr. Darcy by Mary Simonsen
19. Lydia Bennet elopes with George Wickham, but they never marry. Instead, she is abandoned. She is discovered at last in an unsavory section of London by a member of Mr. Darcy’s family.
T – The Truth About Mr. Darcy by Susan Adriani
20. Mark Knightley – handsome, clever, rich – is used to women falling at his feet. Except Emma Woodhouse, who’s like part of the family – and the furniture. When their relationship changes dramatically, is it an ending or a new beginning?
D – The Importance of Being Emma by Juliet Archer
21. A 39-year old single mom from Chicago arrives in England, thinking she’s about to join a filmed documentary set in her beloved Jane Austen’s England.
U – Definitely Not Mr. Darcy by Karen Doornebos
Who Wrote It? Answers
A. Regina Jeffers, The Phantom of Pemberley
B. Sharon Lathan, The Trouble With Mr. Darcy
C. Vera Nazarian, Northanger Abbey and Angels and Dragons
D. Juliet Archer, The Importance of Being Emma
E. Heather Rigaud, Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star
F. Jack Caldwell, Pemberley Ranch
G. Marilyn Brant, According to Jane
H. Diana Birchall, Mrs. Elton in America
I. Mary Simonsen, A Wife for Mr. Darcy
J. Monica Fairview, The Other Mr. Darcy
K. Jennifer Becton, Charlotte Collins
L. Abigail Reynolds, Conquering Mr. Darcy (Impulse and Initiative)
M. Kara Louise, Only Mr. Darcy Will Do (Something Like Regret)
N. Sharon Lathan, Loving Mr. Darcy: Journeys Beyond Pemberley
O. Cindy Jones, My Jane Austen Summer
P. C. Allyn Pierson, Mr. Darcy’s Little Sister
Q. Susan Kaye, For You Alone
R. Vera Nazarian, Mansfield Park and Mummies
S. J. Marie Croft, Mr. Darcy Takes the Plunge
T. Susan Adriani, The Truth About Mr. Darcy
U. Karen Doornebos, Definitely Not Mr. Darcy