How well do you know the Supernatural Jane Austen Series? Here’s your chance to show off your SJA mojo!
Take the fun and exciting quiz, and post your answers in the comments section below (Example: 1B, 2D, 3B, etc.), by the deadline of October 5, 2012—the person who gets the most answers correct, wins a gorgeous autographed and gold seal-embossed trade paperback copy of Pride and Platypus: Mr. Darcy’s Dreadful Secret!
(In case of multiple winners or a tie, the winner will be selected via random.org.)
But before we begin, I declare September “fun, contests, and games month,” and I want to remind everyone that you have two more chances to win my books!
After you take this quiz here at Austen Authors, be sure to visit the Dark Jane Austen Book Club blog entry Ancient Pharaoh or Sexy Regency Gentleman – He’s the Mummy! to enter the giveaway for a chance to win an autographed and gold seal embossed trade paperback copy of their September Featured Selection Mansfield Park and Mummies.
And then, drop by my blog Urban Girl Takes Vermont and enter the Hilarious Fake Regency Blurbs Contest for a chance to win another trade paperback copy of Pride and Platypus!
But hurry, these two contests end at midnight on the last day of September!
And now . . . on to our quiz! Good luck!
Supernatural Jane Austen Series Quiz!
1) In Mansfield Park and Mummies, the Brighton Duck makes its first appearance:
A) At Fanny’s debut ball
B) At the Rushworth family chapel
C) At Portsmouth harbor
D) In the Mansfield Park shrubbery
2) In Pride and Platypus, when Mr. Collins first arrives at Longbourn, he is preceded by:
A) His grandiose confinement cage
B) A carriage filled with useless gifts for the Bennet household
C) A messenger with instructions on how his visit is to be handled
D) Lady Catherine de Bourgh and her sickly daughter
3) In Northanger Abbey and Angels and Dragons, what kind of dragon guards a priceless treasure of earthly riches, gold, jewels and material valuables?
A) A Dragon of Love
B) A Dragon of Stone
C) A Dragon of Passion
D) A Dragon of Gold
4) Miss Georgiana Darcy tells Elizabeth Bennet:
A) She is worried about Mr. Darcy turning into a monster
B) To follow her discreetly out of the room so they can talk in private
C) She is in love with Mr. Wickham’s twin brother
D) That she has seen the Brighton Duck in her bedroom
5) After much trial and error, Fanny Price discovers that the only sure way to destroy a mummy is:
A) To plug up its mouth
B) To cut it down with a regimental sword
C) To set it on fire
D) To send the Brighton Duck after it
6) When the moon is full, Mr. Collins turns into a:
C) Border collie
D) Flightless emu
7) Catherine Morland can see everyone’s guardian angels, but the first-ever belching guardian demon that she has the misfortune to see belongs to:
A) John Thorpe
B) General Tilney
C) Mrs. Allen
D) Isabella Thrope
8) Which character utters the dialogue line “Best . . . Ball . . . Ever!”?
A) Lieutenant William Price
B) Captain Denny
C) Admiral Crawford
D) General Tilney
9) What’s the real reason that Rebecca is such a lazy and slovenly servant for the Price family?
A) She is a secret mummy slayer
B) She is in love with Lord Eastwind
C) She has been mesmerized by a mummy
D) She wants to be a lady instead of a maid
10) When Catherine Morland “deciphers” the Udolpho Code, she realizes that Orphan of the Rhine really refers to:
A) Root vegetables
B) German armies
C) Singing choirs of angels
D) Mrs. Allen’s new dress
11) In reality, the elegant and handsome Miss Mary Crawford is a:
12) Which book is forthcoming next in the Supernatural Jane Austen Series?
A) Emma Enchanted
B) Sense and Sanguine Sensibility
C) Pagan Persuasion: All Olympus Descends on Regency
D) Lady Susan, Succubus
13) Who, besides Fanny Price, is romantically attracted to Lord Eastwind?
A) Maria Rushworth
B) Julia Bertram
C) Mrs. Norris
D) Mrs. Price
14) The walking-shovel is the hottest new gentlemen’s fashion accessory that originally made its appearance in:
15) The actual given name of the Brighton Duck is:
That’s it! Now, post your best answers below, and the winner will be announced after October 5th!
Good luck, and happy fun and games!