Mr. Darcy’s Refuge is finally available!
The Big News: My new book, Mr. Darcy’s Refuge, officially releases on September 1 at the Decatur Book Festival, but for those who can’t wait, it’s already available in paperback from Amazon and ebook for Kindle and Nook. And I’m giving away two free e-book copies to lucky commenters! Here are the answers to some of the questions I’m being asked about Mr. Darcy’s Refuge:
1. I can’t find the paperback on B&N! The paperback is currently only available on Amazon, but will eventually be listed at B&N, Indiebound, Books-a-Million, etc. It takes about 6 weeks for the other booksellers to list it. You can also special-order it from any bricks-and-mortar bookstore.
2. The ebook is only $4.99! Is this a special promotion? It’s a lot cheaper than your other ebooks! No, that’s the list price (or 3.99 euros and 2.99 GBP exclusive of VAT). Given the current economy, I want to make my ebook as affordable as possible. I’ve also dropped the prices on the Kindle versions of By Force of Instinct ($3.99), Mr. Darcy’s Letter ($4.99), A Pemberley Medley ($2.99) and Morning Light ($2.99). Unfortunately, I have no control over the prices of the ebooks distributed by Sourcebooks. I personally can’t see why those prices should be so high given the low overhead, but I keep being told that they’re in line with prices from other traditional publishing houses. (And if all the other publishing houses were jumping off cliffs….)
3. What on earth did you do to poor Mr. Bennet? He’s acting completely out of character! Yes, he is. Keep reading and all will become clear.
4. I can’t find the audiobook! It isn’t ready yet, since the narrator couldn’t start recording it till I’d finished writing it. Pearl Hewitt, who narrated the audiobook of Mr. Darcy’s Letter, is doing this one as well. I’ve heard the first chapter, and her interpretation of the proposal scene is just brilliant. Meantime, you can listen to Mr. Darcy’s Letter (currently on sale) or To Conquer Mr. Darcy. More audiobooks are en route!
5. I’ve been waiting for months and I’ve already finished it! When’s your next book coming out? Yes, people are already asking that! I’m aiming for Spring 2013 for Mr. Darcy’s Nemesis. I’ve only just started it. If you want to keep track of my progress, there’s a scribometer on my personal blog that will tell you how many words I’ve written so far.
News for people who like a bargain: The audiobook of Mr. Darcy’s Letter is on sale this week for $5.95 (yes, that’s correct). EDITED TO ADD: To Conquer Mr. Darcy has been added to the sale. If you’re interested in listening to it someday, you might want to pick it up now.
News for readers in the US Southeast: I’m packing up right now for the Decatur Book Festival, where a large number of Austenesque authors (including Austen Authors Jack Caldwell, Regina Jeffers, and Colette Saucier) and readers will be congregating for a weekend of celebration of Austenesque literature. If you’re even considering coming, please read about the social events for authors and readers arranged by JASNA-Georgia to complement the book-signing opportunities. I’d love to meet you!
News for readers in the UK: I’ll be at the Jane Austen Festival in Bath from Sept. 14-17, and I’ll be signing books in the Guildhall on Saturday, September 15. If there’s enough interest, I’ll set aside some time to meet reader(s) for tea – just drop me a line! I’ll also be making stops in Winchester, York, Oxford and London, and the same offer goes for that. This is my big opportunity to meet my UK readers, so I want to take advantage of it. If you’re interested in meeting up, you can tell me in a comment or e-mail me at email@example.com.
News of further travels: You must be joking! After I get back in October, I’m never travelling again. At least not until November. ;)
Last but not least, and certainly cutest – News for people who like cute puppy pictures: Sippewissett is bigger but still ridiculously adorable. Everyone is completely enamored of her, but she’s quite a distraction from writing (unless I’m trying to write “Good puppy! No! Ow! Not there!”).
So, is any of this news to your liking? Don’t forget to comment for a chance to win one of 2 free e-book copies!