May Fortnight Quiz #1 – Answers and Winner
Austen Authors is proud to announce the winner of our May Fortnight Quiz #1. This person shall receive a set of Pride and Prejudice paper dolls, donated by Kara Louise. The questions for this quiz came from February 1-14, 2011, posts on this site. Before announcing the winner, here are the questions and the correct answers.
- What is a “starling murmuration”? thousands of starlings flocking together to form swirling balls
- Which Pride and Prejudice character does Jane Odiwe lampoon in her post? Lady Catherine De Bourgh
- How many excerpts on “love” were offered from our books for the Valentine Weekend post? 22
- Name the four actors who have portrayed Captain Frederick Wentworth in Austen films. Paul Daneman, Bryan Marshall, Ciarán Hinds, Rupert Penry Jones
- In what year was the British Meterological Office founded? 1854
- Vera Nazarian has been nominated for a Nebula Award twice. For what two stories did she receive this honor? “The Story of Love” – 2007 short story finalist; “The Duke in His Castle” – 2008 novella finalist
- What was the name of the song which accompanied the “Great Lovers” slide show? “Dreams for You”
- Where was the 1849 Cadbury Brothers Exhibited Chocolate held? Bingley Hall in Birmingham, England
- Which Alan Hollinghurst character is discussed in the Faulks on Fiction episode? Nick Guest
- With what nationalities does Vera Nazarian identify herself? Armenian, Russian, American
- What was the Aristotle quote regarding love? Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
- What is the title of Mary Simonsen’s only non-Austen book? The Second Date, Love Italian-American Style
- Which novelist is credited with establishing the Regency romance genre? Georgette Heyer
- For what does the acronym JAFF stand? Jane Austen Fan Fiction
- What three roles did Helena Bonham Carter give us in 2010 film? Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland; Bellatrix in Harry Potter; King George’s wife in The King’s Speech
- Karen Wasylowski’s “friend” confused Pride and Prejudice with another famous movie/story line. Identify that mistake. The Pride and the Passion
- When did Chaucer pen “Parlement of Foules”? 1382
Comments are closed.