Are you ready for a new, fun, and exciting writing project from the Austen Authors?
The amazing success of our Pride & Prejudice 200 project cannot be denied. WE loved writing the pieces! YOU loved reading and commenting on them! It was a win-win!! With that outcome in mind, we put our heads together – figuratively – and have cleverly devised a new project for the months ahead that, dare I say, will knock your socks off. Are you sitting down? Okay!
Here’s the scoop…….
With 2013 the 200th anniversary of the publication of Pride and Prejudice, we will once again turn to the pages of Jane Austen’s most popular novel. Stealing from a basic “round robin” storytelling concept, the Austen Authors will incrementally craft an original P&P Variation by writing scenes building upon what the previous AuAus plot out. Our individual voices and creative talents will infuse each scene, taking the story down twisting pathways unimaginable!
Sound exciting? Ah, it gets better!
The BIG Twist within our twisty round robin is that YOU will tell us where the story must next go.
What’s that, Sharon? What are you talking about? Let me ‘splain…
1. Starting today, we are offering 3 beginning scenarios.
2. YOU will decide which starting scenario is your favorite, and then cast your vote. *One vote/person, please.
3. The deadline for voting is this Friday, January 18 at midnight EST.
4. Once the winning scenario is known, one of the Austen Authors will begin writing. The scene will be based on the winning scenario, but the author can throw in her/his own twists as well!
The first scene will be posted on Wednesday, January 30. Be sure to come back to read it! Not only will it be awesome, but YOU are still needed! Why? Because at the end of that scene 2-3 new plot alternatives will be offered. Once again YOU will vote on what happens next! A new author will take up the quill, inventiveness and wit put to the test for a new scene continuing the storyline. On and on this will go, the story installments posted every other Wednesday, always with 2-3 new plot alternatives that YOU will vote on. Just think where we, working in collusion, could lead Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet – and Jane and Bingley and Wickham and Georgiana and…. – before they find their “happily ever after”! It is mind-boggling!
Our new project is called Pride and Prejudice: Reader’s Choice. Without YOU and your input, we cannot write Darcy and Lizzy to their deserved HEA. That would be a tragedy! We are confident they will find their way into each others’ arms, but of course every good love story begins with drama…..
~ ~ Beginning Scenario Options ~ ~
1. The Netherfield Epidemic As in P&P, Jane Bennet becomes ill after traveling through the rain for a luncheon date with the Bingley sisters, and Bingley insists she remain at Netherfield to recuperate. By the time Lizzy arrives on the following day, his kindness (and desire to have his “angel” conveniently near by) proves questionable when several members of the household also become sick. Is Jane’s illness merely a common cold? How far will the contagious sickness spread? Might a quarantine be necessary? Will anyone stay healthy enough to care for them? Is there any truth in the old fall-in-love-with-your-nurse/patient adage?
2. The Bennet Brother Elizabeth has an older, very protective brother. Returning to Hertfordshire after a time away, he is not pleased to learn of his favorite sister being insulted by Mr. Darcy! Will he confront the emotionally-conflicted Darcy? Does Lizzy’s brother know Mr. Darcy, or heard rumors of him? Or perhaps vice versa? And what about this mysterious brother, anyway?
3. The Mis-Matchmaking Mama Mr. Darcy’s presence at Netherfield with Mr. Bingley is discovered before the Meryton Assembly. As the richer of the two, Mrs. Bennet pushes Jane to pursue Mr. Darcy, leaving Mr. Bingley for Lizzy to ensnare. Will the daughters bend to their mother’s insistent advice? With their attentions unwillingly directed upon different Bennet daughters, how will Mr. Darcy or Mr. Bingley notice the lady meant to be with them? And if they don’t notice their truly intended soulmates, can multiple dances and intolerable comments occur?
Can you imagine the myriad possibilities? WOW! Alas, only one story pathway can be taken, and because it is Pride and Prejudice: Reader’s Choice, we need to hear from YOU! Cast your vote below.